This course is intended to support post compulsory school age learners with a permanent cognitive impairment / intellectual disability to develop the skills to explore work options and access pathways to further specific vocational education and training. The content and structure of this course focuses on supporting learners to improve their employability and work readiness.
- Building on interests, abilities and strengths
- Focus on practical ‘hands on’ learning
- Encourage personal development and growth
- Recognition of student achievement and contributions both formal and informal
- Enabling students to learn at own pace
- Learning in different ways according to different learning styles
- Individual vocational planning with support
- Personal management skills for work
- Participation in vocational activities
- Participation in practical placement with support
- Health and safety of self and others
- Preparation for employment
- Development of communication skills for the workplace
- Operating a personal computer
- Communication skills
- Working with numbers and money
Entry to this certificate is intended for post compulsory school age learners with evidence of a permanent cognitive impairment / intellectual disability.
This course will be conducted two days per week from February to December.
This training is delivered with Victorian and Commonwealth Government funding.
The student tuition fees as published are subject to change given individual circumstances at enrolment.