Southern Grampians Adult Education Inc. in partnership with South West TAFE are delivering Reconnect Mentoring.
Funded by the Victorian State Government, the Reconnect Mentoring service provides support to early school leavers to overcome the barriers they face to re-engage and succeed in education and training. The Reconnect Mentoring service helps participants connect to the right course to suit their skills, interest and career aspirations.
Participants will receive ongoing support to assist in successful completion of studies to help gain employment or further study.
Reconnect is focused on supporting those:
- aged 17-19 years
- who are not engaged in education or training for six months or more (less than 8 hours per week).
- aged between 20-64 years
- who have been Unemployed for six months or more (less than 8 hours per week) and not engaged in education or training for six months or more (less than 8 hours per week).
- aged 17 to 24 years of age
- who have been, or are currently on, Youth Justice Orders.
- a person without citizenship but holds a valid:
- Bridging Visa Class E (BVE);
- Safe Haven Enterprise Visa (SHEV);
- or Temporary Protection Visa (TPV).
Reconnect Mentoring offers:
- Regular mentoring
- A plan tailored to help you achieve your goal
- Help getting you enrolled in further study
- Access to support services for up to 18 months
- Pathways to access support after finishing the program
- Assistance with accessing pre-accredited and accredited training
- Financial assistance for costs associated to training, education and employment
For more information, please contact our Head Office on 1800 810 393.