SGAE trainers are dedicated to providing high levels of support to all Learners by:
- Providing a supportive and inclusive learning environment;
- Working collaboratively to assess their current language, literacy and numeracy levels;
- Designing, developing and implementing training plans targeted towards the learner’s requirements;
- Designing a range of assessments to accommodate individual student capabilities and requirements;
- Utilising information and digital technology to enhance all learnings and increase technological competency;
- Using real community and workplace literacy and numeracy situations as examples in training sessions and learning resources;
- Reinforcing life skills learning with scenario examples of everyday life circumstances and practical community-based activities;
- Developing practical evidence based resources to support learnings; and
- Using repetition and reinforcement for learning consolidation.
To assist SGAE to provide the best possible learning and assessment strategies we ask that potential learners requiring special assistance identify their needs by completing the Support Disclosure Form.
In line with our Access and Equity practices, students needing support are offered the same opportunities as any other applicant.
Our training and assessment programs will take individual needs into consideration from the planning stage onwards and adopt flexible learning and reasonable adjustment for assessment methods as appropriate. This form is optional; however, it will enhance the learning experience if SGAE is aware and can prepare specific support services.