COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus)
Information current as of 23 March 2020.
At Southern Grampians Adult Education, the health and wellbeing of all our learners and our staff is our first and foremost priority.
Given the challenging and changing circumstances, SGAE has made the decision to cease classes at the end of Monday 23 March. This is to help slow the spread of the virus and limit potential risk. Many learners have already made the decision to stay at home.
No classes will run Tuesday 24 March through until Tuesday 14 April. At this stage, we have no further notification about Term 2 start, so until notified otherwise, we are still planning for a return to classes after Easter. We will continue to communicate with you during the holidays to provide further updates and advice.
For any students that have already been absent, or for any future adjustment to how we need to deliver classes, trainers will be in contact with learners to arrange work that can be done from home and any future catch up sessions that may be required. Please be assured that we will work with our learners to help support them and we don’t want people to worry.
We encourage all learners and their families to use the school holiday break to rest and recharge and continue to practice social distancing and good hygiene.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water (for at least 20 seconds), especially after you have been in a public place or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitiser that contains at least 60 per cent alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. If you don’t have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve or elbow. Ensure the used tissue is disposed of in an enclosed bin (a bin with a lid).
- Clean and disinfect high touch surfaces regularly.
- Stay home if you are sick and don’t expose others.
- Get vaccinated for flu (influenza) when available in April
- Stop shaking hands as a greeting.
From Tuesday 24 March and during the holiday break, SGAE staff will be mostly working from home and our office will have reduced opening hours being 10am to 3pm Monday to Friday. At this stage there has been not further directive to close and this is subject to the advice of the Australian Health Principal Protection Committee.
If you have any questions at any time, please contact our office on 5571 9900 (if it goes to message bank, this will be monitored and your call returned as soon as possible), via email on firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the Executive Officer, Erin White, on mobile 0447 003 831.
We thank you for your understanding.