Taste of Hospitality
Taste of Hospitality is perfect for those considering entering the world of hospitality.
Gain life long skills and knowledge that can be utilised in your pathway into the hospitality industry. With this short course, you will be able to see whether you really want to continue in the industry, and if so, in what direction.
You can “taste” the hospitality industry by enrolling and completing one session per week for six weeks. Topics include, but are not limited to:
- Introduction to the hospitality industry
- Understanding employment options in the industry
- Basic kitchen OHS, team work and communication
- Kitchen utensils and their uses
- Menu planning, organisation and basic food preparation
- Money handling, EFTPOS and cash register operation
- Cleaning in the hospitality industry
- Basic bar operation
- Technology in the workplace
- and more!
The course is designed to encourage participants to grow their knowledge in the Hospitality Industry guided by mentoring and support to identify pathways to further education, training and employment opportunities.
Duration: 4 hours p/w over 6 weeks
Conducted for all prospective learners to determine the candidates desired outcomes from the course, their future aspirations and their current skills and experience.
This information allows SGAE to individualise training for the learner ensuring appropriate delivery for success.
Enrolments, Fees & Refunds
All enrolments must be confirmed by payment of fees. Payment plans may also be available. Cancellation fees may apply. Please refer to our Fees & Refund Policy.