Taste of Hospitality
Taste of Hospitality is perfect for those considering entering the world of hospitality; gain life long skills and knowledge that can be utilised in your pathway into the hospitality industry.
With this short course, you will be able to see whether you really want to continue in the industry, and if so, in what direction. You can “taste” the hospitality industry by enrolling and completing one session per week for six weeks.
Topics include, but are not limited to:
• Introduction to the hospitality industry
• Espresso coffee making
• Understanding employment options in the industry
• Introduction to OHS, team work, and communication
• Basic food safety
• Money handling, EFTPOS and cash register operation
• Customer service skills development
• Introduction to basic bar operations and introduction to Responsible Service of Alcohol principles
• Technology in the workplace
• and more!
The course is designed to encourage participants to grow their knowledge and practice skill development in the Hospitality Industry guided by mentoring and support to identify pathways to further education, training and employment opportunities.
Duration: 4 hours p/w over 6 weeks
Conducted for all prospective learners to determine the candidates desired outcomes from the course, their future aspirations and their current skills and experience.
This information allows SGAE to individualise training for the learner ensuring appropriate delivery for success.
Enrolments, Fees & Refunds
All enrolments must be confirmed by payment of fees. Payment plans may also be available. Cancellation fees may apply. Please refer to our Fees & Refund Policy.