Certificate II in General Education for Adults
This course is designed for adults wishing to develop their Language, Literacy and Numeracy skills allowing a possible pathway to other preferred Vocational pathways in 2020 and beyond.
This qualification reflects outcomes aligned with reading, writing, oral communication and numeracy within the Australian Core Skills Framework (ACSF).
- Building on interests, abilities and strengths
- Focus on practical ‘hands on’ learning
- Encourage personal development and growth
- Recognition of student achievement and contributions both formal and informal
- Enabling students to learn at own pace
- Learning in different ways according to different learning styles
Students will be learning under close supervision with high levels of direction. Knowledge and employability skills development is supported by a strong emphasis on literacy and numeracy skills and preparatory learning.
This course will be made up of 8 core units and 5 electives with a total of 440 hours for the full course.
There are no entry requirements for this course, however a pre-training interview will be conducted to gain necessary background information on all students to determine individuals are assessed at the required language, literacy and numeracy levels for this program.
Apply directly to Southern Grampians Adult Education and Community College.
Concession Fee — Students that are eligible for a Government Subsidised Fee structure using acceptable Concession Card
Subsidised Fee – Students that are eligible for a Government Subsidised Fee structure (no HCC & no Cert II or higher)
Standard Fee – Students who are not eligible for either of the above forms of concession
Under 20 years of age as of 1st January 2019 — Funding eligibility conditions apply. Contact us for more information.
This training is delivered with Victorian and Commonwealth Government funding.
The student tuition fees as published are subject to change given individual circumstances at enrolment.
(Subject to eligibility. Proof of concession required) $149.60 ($0.44 per nom. hour)
(If eligible for funding) $748 ($2.20 per nom. hour)
(If not eligible for Govt. subsidy) $3128
(All participants to pay) $40
Education Allowance Supplement for eligible students:
The Australian government’s Education Allowance Supplement goes towards covering the costs of training for eligible students. Students can only receive one (1) Education Allowance Supplement payment at any one time.
Concession rates for Skills First Program eligible students:
The concession rate of 20% of the Standard Tuition fee up to and including
Certificate IV level qualifications, as listed above is applicable to an individual who,
prior to the commencement of training, holds a current and valid concession card:
- Health Care Card issued by the Commonwealth
- Pensioner Concession Card; or Veteran’s Gold Card; or An alternative card or concession eligibility criterion approved by the Minister.
- Individuals who self-identify as being of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent (applicable to all levels of qualifications)
These concessions also apply to a dependent spouse or dependent child of a card holder.
Conducted for all prospective candidates to determine if:
- The candidate has the appropriate foundation skills requirements to enter this qualification, and
- The candidate holds vocational competency and currency in the proposed area which they intend to train and assess.
The review provides essential information about the learner, their industry and current workplace roles. This information allows SGAE to individualise training for the learner and contextualise for the industry ensuring appropriate delivery for success supported by diverse learner resources to give relevance to the unit/s within this qualification.
Enrolments, Fees & Refunds
All enrolments must be confirmed by payment of fees. Payment plans may also be available. Cancellation fees may apply. Please refer to our Fees & Refund Policy.