Certificate II in General Education for Adults
This course focuses on the development of literacy skills by creating and engaging with more complex text types.
Learners will focus on developing the confidence to read, interpret, evaluate and create complex texts, along with applying numeracy in various contexts by:
- gathering and analysing information from a variety of sources to complete a project
- identifying and addressing issues and barriers which affect project goals
- selecting and applying reading strategies to interpret and analyse a range of familiar and unfamiliar texts
- discussing features and content of texts to establish relevance and effectiveness
- accessing and navigating web based digital text to locate information
- gathering and ordering information required to create a range of familiar and unfamiliar complex written and digital texts
- investigating, interpreting and applying knowledge of everyday and formal mathematics in a range of contexts.
This course is designed for people looking to improve their skills to increase employment and/or further study opportunities.
(Subject to eligibility. Proof of concession required) $149.60 ($0.44 per nom hour)
(If eligible for funding) $748 ($2.20 per nom hour)
(If not eligible for Govt. subsidy) $3,128
(All participants to pay) $40
Student tuition fees as published are subject to change given individual circumstances at enrolment. Training is delivered with Victorian and Commonwealth Government funding.
To find out more information on Fees and Eligibility, please click here.
Payment plans may also be available. Cancellation fees may apply. Please refer to our Fees & Refund Policy.
To assist prospective students to determine whether a course is suitable and appropriate for their individual needs, SGAE will assess all students’ language, literacy and numeracy and digital literacy by asking them to undertake a self-assessment review prior to enrolment.
The review provides essential information about you and your background, which then allows SGAE to understand your current capabilities prior to training and make recommendations on course suitability, and identify additional support where required.
How to Apply
To apply, please call our Head Office on 1800 810 393.