Certificate I in Work Education
Bendigo: Commencing July 2021 (Semester 2)
Bendigo: Tuesdays, 9:00am - 3:00pm
This course supports post-compulsory school-age learners with a permanent cognitive impairment/intellectual disability to develop the skills to explore work options and access pathways to further specific vocational education and training. The content and structure of this course focus on supporting learners to improve their employability and work readiness.
Who can participate?
The Certificate I in Work Education is restricted to post compulsory school aged learners with evidence of a permanent cognitive impairment or intellectual disability.
Entry to this program is therefore restricted to adult learners who can provide evidence of having a permanent cognitive impairment or intellectual disability. The permissible documents of evidence include:
- Formal assessment by a registered medical practitioner
- Doctors/Specialist reports
- Attendance at specialist school/SDS
- Integration support at school
- Integration support at school with modified curriculum
- A letter from a registered medical practitioner stating the student has a
permanent cognitive impairment or intellectual disability
There are no educational entry requirements for this course, however a pre-training interview will be conducted to gain necessary background information on all students to determine this program is appropriate for them. Individuals are assessed for relevant language, literacy and numeracy levels for this program.
Carers are encouraged to attend the sessions.
Further Study Pathways
While there are no formal pathways from the Certificate I in Transition Education, there are a number of other training options available:
- 22294VIC Course in Initial Course in Initial Adult Literacy and Numeracy
- 22293VIC Certificate I in Initial Adult Literacy and Numeracy
- 22567VIC Certificate I in Transition Education
- 22476VIC Certificate I in General Education for Adults (Introductory)
- 22473VIC Certificate II in General Education for Adults
Types of Assessment
(Subject to eligibility. Proof of concession required) $351 ($0.33 per nom. hour)
(If eligible for funding) $1,755 ($1.63 per nom. hour)
(If not eligible for Govt. subsidy) $16,805
(All participants to pay) $250
Student tuition fees as published are subject to change given individual circumstances at enrolment. Training is delivered with Victorian and Commonwealth Government funding.
To find out more information on Fees and Eligibility, please click here.
Payment plans may also be available. Cancellation fees may apply. Please refer to our Fees & Refund Policy.
How to Apply
To apply, please call our Head Office on 1800 810 393.